Job Opportunity: Data Scientist:Maxonic, Inc.
Data ScientistMaxonic, Inc. Sunnyvale, CA
E-Mail: Email this job
Full Time Data Scientist
Our client, one of the largest food and drug retailers, are currently looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms to drive business solutions. The position will be located out of their Sunnyvale, CA facility but will be remote for now due to Covid.
Data Scientists work on project teams in order to provide analytical support to projects for eCommerce. Data Scientists are responsible for building large data sets from multiple sources in order to build algorithms for predicting future data characteristics. Those algorithms will be tested, validated, and applied to large data sets. Data Scientists are responsible for training the algorithms so they can be applied to future data sets and provide the appropriate search results. Data Scientists are responsible for researching new trends in the industry and utilizing up-to-date technology
• Understands and translates business and functional needs into data scientist problem statements
• Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
• Develop custom data models to drive innovative business solutions.
• Write complex queries and extract data to build database architecture. Integrate data products into dashboards and user interfaces as needed, by collaborating with the engineering team
• Sift and analyze data from multiple angles, looking for trends that highlight problems or opportunities
• Use strong business acumen, as well as an capability to communicate findings, and mine vast amounts of data for useful insights
• Apply innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives
• Proficiency in machine learning algorithms such as multi-class classifications, decision trees, support vector machines and deep learning
• Strong knowledge of probcapability and statistical models (generative and descriptive models)
• capability to run experiments scientifically and analyze results
• capability to effectively communicate technical concepts and results to technical and business audiences in a comprehensive manner
• capability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and stakeholders, including analytics teams, development teams, product management and operations
• 1-3 years’ practice in building ML-located models
• Strong CS fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, OOPS, functional programming.
• Strong practice with Big Data processing (Bigquery / Hive/ Hadoop/ HDFS/ Spark)
• Productionize the developed Machine Learning solutions
• Hands-on practice with GCP Cloud ( Dataflow, Dataproc, ML Engine, Datalabs, Kubeflows)
• Strong background in ML algorithms for time series datasets.
• Strong background in Statistics.
• Familiarity with Deep Learning algorithms.
• Strong knowledge and practice with Databases (Relational Maria/Mysql and NoSQL Cassandra/Hbase/Bigtable)
• Expert knowledge and practice with Java/Scala/Python
• String grasp of principles and approaches used in Data-driven systems, processes and algorithms
• Scripting expertise in at least one of the following: Shell, Perl, Python, Bash, or Ruby
• practice with Performance Engineering including testing, tuning and monitoring tools.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award-winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we gain from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please click apply with your most current CV and anything else you’d like us to know about you. You should also feel free to email Bhavana Mathur at email@example.com or call at 408-400-2297.
Location/Region: Sunnyvale, CA