Job Opportunity: Forester:Resource Management Service
ForesterBack to list
Resource Management Service
Resource Management Service, LLC. (RMS) is a global forestry-centered investment manager with significant skills in all
phases of institutional timberland investing. Founded and managed by forestry professionals and owned by its employees,
RMS is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, with offices across the U.S. South and Brazil.
Reporting to the District Manager, the RMS Forester will be responsible for all aspects of forest management on
approximately 52,000+/- acres of RMS-managed timberland properties in northeastern South Carolina. The RMS Forester
will become part of a professional, highly motivated team, creating positive returns for RMS clients while practicing safe
working conditions and fostering sustainable forests. The RMS Forester will represent RMS both ethically and professionally,
maintaining compliance with all RMS policies and procedures.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Timber Harvest Operations – Timber sale planning, set-up, GPS, harvest administration, Best Management
Practice (BMP) compliance, and implementation of wood security
- Silviculture Activity planning - Prescriptions to include site preparation, reforestation activities, nutrition and mid-
rotation treatments, insect and disease control, and asset security
- Service Contractor Performance Monitoring – Road, drainage, and property line maintenance, BMP
compliance, and all other aspects of infrastructure maintenance
- GIS and Inventory Data Management – Maintain and update timber inventories, harvest and silvicultural planning
utilizing RMS proprietary inventory tools and applications
- Teamwork – Collaborate with, communicate with, and support fellow RMS foresters, interface with adjacent
landowners, public and private bodies, RMS customers, and other third parties
- Sustainable Forestry – Implement RMS Sustainable Forestry Policy Guidelines; demonstrate compliance with SFI
objectives in all forest management and asset improvement activities
− Minimum Appropriate qualifications: Associates of Science or Bachelor of Science in Forestry/Forest Resource Management.
− The preferred candidate will have significant work practice in forestry operations.
− The RMS Forester position requires physically demanding field work during all seasons of the year. The prosperous
candidate must be able to execute detailed work while dealing with hot, humid, rigorous conditions common to this
part of South Carolina during the warmer months.
Job location: Conway, Marion or Florence, SC.
Full Time Entry Level
Conway, South CarolinaUnited States
Desired Start Date
How to submit the application:
Students/Alumni who are interested should request and complete the employment application and submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will be accepted through March 16, 2021.